Wondering what the kids can make for our military? Give these key ring decorations a try. With big holes, these chucky beads make bead weaving super easy. You can purchase the beads in a color assortment or by the single color.
Fuse beads are another good choice especially if you are working with a large group because they are very economical.
Supplies to Make a Patriotic Keyring Decoration
- 1 Yard of Cord
- 1 Lanyard Hook
- Tacky Glue
- Blue Pony Beads
- Red Pony Beads
- White Pony Beads
Choose a Pattern
Decide which of our designs you want to make or design your own.
1. Tie the middle of the cord to the lanyard hook. Stiffen the ends of the cord with white glue and let dry.
2. Choose one of the above patterns. Using the pattern as a guide, lace the first row of pony beads on the left hand cord.
3. Lace the right hand cord through the same beads in the opposite direction. Pull snug.
4. Lace the second row of beads on the left hand cord.
5. Lace the right hand cord through the same beads in the opposite direction. Pull snug.
6. Continue in this manner until you have completed the pattern. Tie the cords together with a double knot. Put a dab of glue on the knot. Let dry. Trim.
Where to Donate Your Keyrings
Check with your local VA, VFW or American legion for local giving opportunities or choose one of the organizations below:
Operation Gratitude provides care packages filled with items donated by people who want to express their support for heroes serving overseas and here at home.
Operation Care and Comfort assembles and ships care packages to our adopted units every month until they return home.